1/1 Photo of Raisin Bran Cereal Healthy Muffins
These will come out as a pleasant healthy surprise. These are not too sweet; perfect for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, Splenda, salt, raisins and cinnamon; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, Combine cereal and buttermilk; let sit for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in the applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract.
- 5Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until completely combined.
- 6Divide the batter between the 12 prepared muffin tins.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes until knife inserted in middle of muffin comes out clean.
- 8Cool a few minutes; turn on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Bran Cereal Healthy Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 249.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g