Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These will come out as a pleasant healthy surprise. These are not too sweet; perfect for breakfast.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, Splenda, salt, raisins and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, Combine cereal and buttermilk; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until completely combined.
- Divide the batter between the 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until knife inserted in middle of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool a few minutes; turn on a wire rack.
Does any one review these recipes? Where do you add the Splenda ? Who ever heard of sticking a knife into a muffin to check for doneness. Maybe a toothpick would be a better choice. Shame on Food.com