Recipe by The Daycare Lady
You won't even realize you're getting bran cereal in your diet when you sample this bread from Jean Daviau of San Jacinto, California. It is moist and slightly sweet from raisins. From Quick Cooking 2003
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon water (70 to 80 degrees )
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).