Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy biscuit from the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup shortening or 1⁄3 cup lard
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins or 1 1⁄2 cups sultanas
- Preheat oven to 450F and lightly grease a baking pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture.
- Beat eggs and add to milk; stir into flour mixture.
- Add raisins.
- Turn onto a well-floured board and knead lightly until smooth, using more flour if necessary.
- Gently pat out 1/2" thick.
- Cut with small biscuit cutter and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot.
These were just wonderful easy to do and light tasting. I will make these often Made for the Holiday P>A>R>T>Y