A yummy biscuit from the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450F and lightly grease a baking pan.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together.
- 3Cut shortening into flour mixture.
- 4Beat eggs and add to milk; stir into flour mixture.
- 5Add raisins.
- 6Turn onto a well-floured board and knead lightly until smooth, using more flour if necessary.
- 7Gently pat out 1/2" thick.
- 8Cut with small biscuit cutter and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g