Recipe by Topher
This is a very moist yet dense banana bread that is almost cake-like. The sweetness of the chopped up bananas and raisins throughout the loaves makes every bite worth it! Makes two standard loaves. I'd love to try adding cinnamon to this.
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (or blended)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 chopped up bananas
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder together.
- Cream sugar and butter till creamy.
- Add lightly beaten eggs bit by bit into sugar mixture.
- Sift flour bit by bit into above mixture and mix well till smooth. Do not overmix.
- Stir in milk and mashed bananas w/ raisins. Put batter into two loaf pans and bake for 60 minutes.
- Take out and let cool before serving.