Raisin Bagel Recipe for Bread Machine
- Insert ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove the dough from the machine after the first knead -approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Divide into 8 parts. Form balls, gently press thumb through center of ball and slowly stretch into bagel shape.
- While bagels rise, bring three quarts of water and one tablespoon of sugar to a rapid boil in a large saucepan. Drop test dough.
- Using a slotted spoon, drop 2-3 bagels into rapidly boiling water. Boil on each side for 1/2 minutes. Remove and cool on rack 1 minute, brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, if desired.
- Bake at 400 on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal, until golden - approximately 15 minutes.