Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from recipesource.com, I am trying to calculate the nutrtion facts for it
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, presoaked
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄8 cups water, lukewarm
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 3 1⁄3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Insert ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove the dough from the machine after the first knead -approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Divide into 8 parts. Form balls, gently press thumb through center of ball and slowly stretch into bagel shape.
- While bagels rise, bring three quarts of water and one tablespoon of sugar to a rapid boil in a large saucepan. Drop test dough.
- Using a slotted spoon, drop 2-3 bagels into rapidly boiling water. Boil on each side for 1/2 minutes. Remove and cool on rack 1 minute, brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, if desired.
- Bake at 400 on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal, until golden - approximately 15 minutes.
I used honey instead of sugar, and I used half whole wheat flour. I also added a bit of olive oil to the dough.