1/1 Photo of Raisin Apricot Bars
Sydney Mike's Note:
I enjoy making bars & cookies, & have collected recipes for them over the years. Here's one I picked up 30 years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups dried apricots, quartered
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/3 cups dark raisins
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1In a saucepan, combine apricots, water, raisins, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch & pumpkin pie spice, & cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils & thickens. Remove from heat & cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, & grease a 13"x9" baking dish.
- 3In a large mixer bowl, cream butter & brown sugar.
- 4Add flour, baking powder, salt & rolled oats, & mix well.
- 5Pat half of this mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish, then spread cooled fruit mixture over that.
- 6Sprinkle remaining flour mixture evenly over the fruit & lightly press it down.
- 7Bake 22-25 minutes, or until firm in the center & topping is crisp.
- 8Cool completely before cutting into 2" squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Apricot Bars
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 62.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g