Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This sweet stuffing is best used with poultry. Definately a change from the norm.
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 1 cup dried apricot, soaked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup couscous, soaked for 1 hour (makes 2 cups)
- 1 cup celery, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- saute the celery and the onion in the butter, set aside to cool.
- drain the apricots and slice them, drain the rasins and couscous, if necessary.
- mix all ingredients together.
This certainly is a nice change from using the bread cubes (although I do like that version as well)! Gotta admit, too, that the mint was an interesting addition, & that's something that I usually omit when making any recipe that includes it! Thanks for this wonderful change of pace when it comes to stuffing! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]