Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is great as dessert with coffee, warmed for breakfast with a little butter or cream cheese, or as a healthy between-meal snack.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce
- 2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In small bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, raisins, and bran cereal; let stand about 10 mins and stir.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir vegetable oil and brown sugar into raisin/applesauce mixture.
- Add raisin/applesauce mixture to dry ingredients, stir until moistened completely and turn into loaf pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.