Recipe by Chef burnt toast
I got this recipe during my Weight Watcher Days. I still use it. Makes 12 muffins, 2 point/muffin
- 1 1⁄2 cups shreds of wheat all-bran cereal (like All Bran)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400oF.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl, stir well. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, egg substitute, and oil.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Add cereal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Fold in raisins.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400oF for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pans immediately; let cool on wire racks.