Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1991)
Top Review by Bev
Delish! This is such a simple recipe, I don't see any reason to ever buy granola again! I increased the brown sugar just a smidge and I am thinking of adding a few sliced almonds to the mix! I made only half the recipe, so decreased my baking time to only 40 minutes, which was perfect. Thanks, Ellie!
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup dates, chopped and pitted
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a large bowl mix together first 4 ingredients (oats - cinnamon).
- Stir in dates and raisins.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, honey and vanilla. Pour mixture over oats/fruit mixture and toss for one minute.
- Spread granola onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.