Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe makes muffins that are crusty on the outside, and soft on the inside. Great with a glass of milk! Taken from the Hodgson Mill Online recipe database.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the wheat bran and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Let stand 2 minutes or until most of the moisture is absorbed.
- Add the egg and oil.
- Beat until well blended.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bran mixture and stir just until all are moistened.
- Fold in raisins, but do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into oiled muffin cups (3/4 full) and bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot.
I followed the recipe to a tee. I couldn't imagine how such a little amount of liquid would work for all that amount of dry...but it did!! Muffins were delicious and very easy to make. I will definitely make them again.