Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Mix 2 cups flour with yeast. In large saucepan, stir water, milk, butter, sugar and salt over low heat until butter melts.
- Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and yeast. add remaining flour, raisins, almonds and eggs.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Knead on a floured board until dough is smooth and elastic and raisins are well distributed.
- Coat the inside of 2 1-pound coffee cans with small amount of oil.
- (Author sprayed with Pam). Divide dough in half. Place half in each can. Cover cans with plastic tops.
- let rise in warm place until dough reaches to about 1" from top.
- Remove plastic tops.
- Bake at 375 F. for about 35 minutes, or until top sounds hollow when tapped.