Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
old recipe from bulah miller via sally grosserode there is another recipe on zaar that has more background that is simalar but this has a little different twist old recipes always use i 1 package yeast i would use 2 .there is a different glaze with these no amount was given so im guessing on yeild
- dissolve yeast in warm water
- scald milk
- add sugar and butter
- cool to lukewarm add yeast mixture and 2 cups flour.
- let rise until light
- beat egg yols and egg together
- add eggs and vanilla to 1st mixture.
- add rest of flour and salt
- knead lightly and let rise
- roll dough 1/2 inch thick
- cut out doughnuts
- let rise untl light
- fry in deep fat
- glaze doughtnuts while still warm.
- combine all ingredients add enough water to make mixture a medium cosistancy.