Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
When I had my last baby my 10 year old and I made these meatballs and froze them before adding the soups and baking so that if there was a time we were busy or had little time to prepare dinner we could pull a package out of the freezer and have it in the oven in less than 10 minutes. Every one in my family asks for these meatballs every week.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl add egg, beat. Add milk, bread and onion. Stir and let soak for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add salt, pepper, baking powder and ground beef.
- Mix well with hands.
- Roll into balls or use a scoop and brown in a frying pan until browned on both sides (about 2-4 minutes per side. They do not need to be cooked through just browned).
- Place into a 9x9 baking dish.
- Mix soups and water and pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.
- This recipe can be doubled.
- This recipe freezes well ( in a gallon freezer bag) before adding soups.