Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
Good homemade doughnuts
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast (we use rapid rise)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water.
- Beat eggs, add sugar,oil,salt,2 cups hot water and some flour.
- Then add yeast mixture and rest of flour.
- Put in warm place to rise.
- Let rise 1 1/2 hours, in a covered bowl.
- If it is VERY sticky add some more flour.
- Punch it down every half hour.
- (If using rapid rise it may only need about 45 mins in a warm spot to double and be ready.) Roll out to 1/2" thick and cut.
- Put on floured cookie sheets and cover.
- Let rise about half an hour.
- Fry in fry daddy one at a time unless you can fit more in comfortably In our fry daddy we do one minute each side.
- Glaze with chocolate glaze, white icing or confex glaze while warm.
- Sugar and cinnamon are good too.