Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yeast bread that uses thick rolled oats, bananas and rice flour. Heavy, sweet, and great with peanut butter or tahini. Sliced warm, this loaf makes a great breakfast loaf!
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup kefir
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup butter, spread
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons lecithin powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons gluten
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 4 -5 cups bread flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine first 3 ingredients in medium sized bowl and let sit overnight or for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add rice flour, stirring constantly to prevent clumping. Slowly add water, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place All Ingredients In Bread Machine Pan. Add all remaining ingredients except 1 cup of flour.
- Turn Machine on to dough setting and allow to mix. Add extra cp of flour as needed to form silky, slightly moist dough.
- When dough cycle ends, remove dough from machine and knead 10 to 15 times on lightly floured surface. Divide and place in 2 lightly greased bread pans. Allow to rise to just above rim of pan. Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until thermometer inserted into center of loaf reads 180°F.
- Turn out onto rack to cool for 20 minutes.