Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the original recipe from one of the Goldy mystery books. I changed it up to include a whole bag of egg noodles and more ingredients to feed our larger family. It's become our favorite soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, white part only, split, rinsed & diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large celery ribs, diced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 8 cups chicken stock, divided
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces fideo fine-cut egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- In large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add leeks, carrot, onion, celery, and chicken. Stir gently, cover to cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Take off the lid, stir the vegetables, turn the chicken. cover and cook another 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and pan juices. Stir to cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Slowly add white wine and 4 c broth. Stir and cook until bubbly and thickened. Add the sour cream very slowly and allow to cook gently.
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces and add back to pot.
- Bring the 4 remaining cups of stock to boiling and add fideo. Cook until almost done. Add all to the soup. Bring back to boiling and serve immediately.
Yes, this is our new favorite soup. I think the chicken should be sauteed 1st to get some color. And I wish there was a say to stop the noodles from soaking up the liquid & becoming a solid mass. I LOVE the addition of sour cream. This really hot the spot. Thank you! Made for PAC Fall '08.