Recipe by Theresa P
This fabulous recipe comes from a girl I do catering with. It is her signature salad dressing and is requested all the time. Enjoy this with a summer salad of lettuce, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes and some nice garlic croutons! Delicious
Top Review by Merlot
This is a wonderful salad dressing that I served on baby spinach, real bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese. This sweet dressing went perfectly with it. A real winner, thanks so much Theresa P.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup light olive oil (the kind that says "best for salad dressing and flavoring" on the label. It is lighter in color and)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and beat with electric mixer for about 4 minutes to dissolve sugar.
- Add the oil and poppy seeds and continue beating for about 10 minutes more.
- Pour dressing into a pitcher or large jar.
- Will keep for several days in refrigerator.
- Just stir well to serve.