Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's the berries! Chose your favorite to fill this warm, yummy persomal fruit pie. Testers agree-these are best eaten with your hands.
- 2 folded refrigerated unbaked pie crusts
- all-purpose flour
- 1 small pears or 1 small apple
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry pie filling or 1⁄2 cup cherry pie filling or 1⁄2 cup blueberry pie filling or 1⁄2 cup peach pie filling
- ice cream or whipped dessert topping, if you like
- Turn on oven to 375 degrees. Open the package of piecrusts and remove 1 crust (save the remaining crust for another use). On a lightly floured surface, unfold piecrust following package directions. Use kitchen scissors to cut piecrust into 4 wedges.
- Using a vegetable peeler, carefully cut the skin off the pear (throw away skin). Place the pear on cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the pear in half. Cut one half into two pieces (save remaining pear half for another use or eat it for a snack). Cut out the core and throw it away. Cut pear into small pieces (you should have 1/4 of a cup). Spoon about 2 tablespoons pie filling and 1 tablespoon chopped pear into center of each pastry wedge.
- Use a pastry brush and a little water to moisten edges of pastry. Fold one straight side of one wedge over filling to the other straight side to form a smaller wedge. Press edges together with tines of a fork to seal. Prick top with fork. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wedges, pie filling, and pear.
- Place baking sheet in oven. Bake about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Turn off oven. Use hot pads to remove baking sheet from oven. Use a pancake turner to transfer turnovers to a cooling rack. Serve warm turnovers with ice cream or whipped topping, if you like.