Recipe by CooksWithScissors
I've had this in my recipe book for awhile, and can't remember where it came from. I seem to recall pulling it from a newspaper or magazine, but blasted if I could tell you which one. I think maybe it's a clone of a Rainforest Cafe recipe? Regardless, this is a great coleslaw for people who don't like mayonnaise!
Top Review by momaphet
This was ok, I thought it needed something extra seasoning wise. I really like the dried cranberries in the slaw, I didn't like how strong the onion was, I would cut it way back. Ten minutes after eating it my mouth just tastes like onion. Made for PAC Fall 2012
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1892.72 ml green cabbage, shredded (or premade "coleslaw" cabbage mix)
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml dried apricot, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl until blended. Gradually whisk in oil. Add onions and toss to blend. Let stand at least two hours to marinate onions.
- Combine cabbage, cranberries and apricots in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss till well blended.