Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This came from a cooking newsgroup I lurk in occasionally. Since it features coconut, and that's our ingredient of the month, I thought it was a timely recipe. They re soft butter cookies filled with all the tropical goodies, pineapple, macadamia nuts, and of course, coconut.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft baking butter with canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, well drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine sugar and Soft Baking Butter with Canola Oil in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add pineapple and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Stir in nuts and 1/4 cup coconut by hand.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; dip top of each cookie into remaining coconut.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven 12-15 minutes or until set.
My family really liked these,however there was still a flour taste to them. Next time I think maybe I will add a teaspoon of lime or orange juice in place of the vanilla. When rolling the cookies beware they are really gooey. Good cookie though a nice change.