Recipe by bayou-mimi
This came from a cooking newsgroup I lurk in occasionally. Since it features coconut, and that's our ingredient of the month, I thought it was a timely recipe. They re soft butter cookies filled with all the tropical goodies, pineapple, macadamia nuts, and of course, coconut.
Top Review by froggerway
My family really liked these,however there was still a flour taste to them. Next time I think maybe I will add a teaspoon of lime or orange juice in place of the vanilla. When rolling the cookies beware they are really gooey. Good cookie though a nice change.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft baking butter with canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, well drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine sugar and Soft Baking Butter with Canola Oil in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add pineapple and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Stir in nuts and 1/4 cup coconut by hand.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; dip top of each cookie into remaining coconut.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven 12-15 minutes or until set.