Fast, easy and can easily be doubled. Makes two large servings
Make and share this Rainforest Cafe Rasta Pasta for Two or Three recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) box bow tie pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 medium red pepper, roasted (you can purchase roasted peppers in jars at your grocers)
- 1 cup grilled chicken, sliced into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 cup prepared alfredo sauce
- 1⁄8 cup basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet saute the garlic in olive oil.
- Add spinach and broccoli, red pepper and grilled chicken.
- Toss to combine.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and pesto, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and pour into a bowl.
- Top with sauce and toss well.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
This is a terrific , very easy and quick meal to make. The roasted red pepper really adds color and a nice flavor. I will be making this one again and again.
Absolutely brilliant. It took a while to make but was well worth the effort. I ended up making a second batch which I froze as a sauce without adding the pasta. This provided a quick meal a week later as I only had to reheat the sauce and cook the pasta. It froze very well. Its now on my OAMC list.
Very good, but I agree that the name is misleading. I also doubled and have a lot of servings left for the freezer; not at all a bad thing! This was very easy to make and full of flavor. I used a roasted chicken from the grocery, but otherwise made as directed. I want to make it again in warmer weather using grilled chicken; I think it will be perfection.