This is a tasty way to do up chicken tenders. The coconut adds a sweet and crispy touch that is just right. Serve the honey mustard on the side for delicious dipping. From a copycat site.
- Place breasts between pieces of wax paper and pound to 1/2 inch thick.
- Trim chicken breast so the pieces will measure 4" long and about 2 1/2" wide.
- Sprinkle sugar and salt over chicken breast and place in a zip lock bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- When chicken breast are ready to be prepared, rinse lightly and drain.
- Place coconut, corn starch, and flour in a bowl and mix well.
- In separate bowl place beaten eggs and add water, blend well.
- Preheat frying oil to 350F in a deep fryer or large skillet and have ready to fry chicken pieces.
- Dip chicken breast in egg wash and then place chicken breast in coconut mixture, coated well.
- Carefully place chicken in hot oil and cook until lightly golden (when frying the chicken, do not crowd and keep an eye on the oil so it does not burn).
- Remove and place on a paper towel to drain.
- For presentation and tasty side compliment, slice a ripe pineapple in 1/8" pieces and cut the round slices in half (canned pineapple rings may also be used).
- Lightly sauté the pineapple in a non stick sauce pan that has been sprayed with a non stick spray just until heated through.