1/2 Photos of Rainforest Cafe Caribo Coconut Chicken With Honey Mustard Sauce
This is a tasty way to do up chicken tenders. The coconut adds a sweet and crispy touch that is just right. Serve the honey mustard on the side for delicious dipping. From a copycat site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place breasts between pieces of wax paper and pound to 1/2 inch thick.
- 2Trim chicken breast so the pieces will measure 4" long and about 2 1/2" wide.
- 3Sprinkle sugar and salt over chicken breast and place in a zip lock bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- 4When chicken breast are ready to be prepared, rinse lightly and drain.
- 5Place coconut, corn starch, and flour in a bowl and mix well.
- 6In separate bowl place beaten eggs and add water, blend well.
- 7Preheat frying oil to 350F in a deep fryer or large skillet and have ready to fry chicken pieces.
- 8Dip chicken breast in egg wash and then place chicken breast in coconut mixture, coated well.
- 9Carefully place chicken in hot oil and cook until lightly golden (when frying the chicken, do not crowd and keep an eye on the oil so it does not burn).
- 10Remove and place on a paper towel to drain.
- 11For presentation and tasty side compliment, slice a ripe pineapple in 1/8" pieces and cut the round slices in half (canned pineapple rings may also be used).
- 12Lightly sauté the pineapple in a non stick sauce pan that has been sprayed with a non stick spray just until heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainforest Cafe Caribo Coconut Chicken With Honey Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 204.5 mg
- Sodium 1406.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 44.5 g