I can never find a chilli recipe that reminded me of my moms. So I made my own one day. I took what I could remember from hers and added some things. I just took a container to my pap for dinner tonight. I can't wait for him to call and let me know how it is. After hunting season I will use ground venison instead of the beef.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 6 pieces jalapenos, diced (I use the ones that come in a jar)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bell pepper, diced (I use red or orange or yellow or green)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- Brown beef in a skillet.
- Saute onions, garlic, peppers and jalapeno in a pot drizzeled with EVOO.
- Add Pinto, Kidney and Navy beans to the sauted ingredients and stir.
- Add Tomatoes and Tomato Sauce and stir.
- Add browned beef.
- Add McCormick mix and spices and stir.
- Prepare Macaroni Noodles.
- Serve Chili over Noodles.
- I top mine with Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream.
- Simmer for about an hour.