Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
colourful! lovely for a winter day ...made it up as I went along
Make and share this Rainbow Veggie Curry 2 recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g chopped organic butternut squash, pumpkin and sweet potato
- 6 small whole baby beets, cooked and peeled
- 59.16 ml torn fresh sweet basil leaves
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml papaya nectar
- chili-infused avocado oil (for frying)
- 473.18 ml organic brown basmati rice
- 118.29 ml split red lentils
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml curry masala
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml cumin seed
- 3 dried curry leaves
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 3 star anise
- 29.58 ml mixed seeds, pumpkin, linseed, sesame, sunflower
- 29.58 ml cashew nuts
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml cornflour
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- 44.37 ml organic tomato sauce
- cook organic brown basmati rice with split red lentils and turmeric.
- keep to one side.
- fry all spices in chili infused avocado oil until lightly toasted.
- add chopped butternut, pumpkin and sweet potato.
- add baby beetroot and fresh sweet basil.
- stir until coated in spices.
- add water.
- simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- remove from heat.
- just before serving:.
- fry mixed seeds and cashew nuts in chilli infused avocado oil until toasted.
- stir in cornflour.
- add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and organic tomato sauce.
- mix well.
- stir into the rest of the curry.
- stir in fruit juices.
- dish curry onto bed of rice.
- serve with tall glasses of mixed papaya and orange juice.