colourful! lovely for a winter day ...made it up as I went along
Make and share this Rainbow Veggie Curry 2 recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g chopped organic butternut squash, pumpkin and sweet potato
- 6 small whole baby beets, cooked and peeled
- 4 tablespoons torn fresh sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup papaya nectar
- chili-infused avocado oil (for frying)
- 2 cups organic brown basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup split red lentils
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 dried curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 star anise
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds, pumpkin, linseed, sesame, sunflower
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons organic tomato sauce
- cook organic brown basmati rice with split red lentils and turmeric.
- keep to one side.
- fry all spices in chili infused avocado oil until lightly toasted.
- add chopped butternut, pumpkin and sweet potato.
- add baby beetroot and fresh sweet basil.
- stir until coated in spices.
- add water.
- simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- remove from heat.
- just before serving:.
- fry mixed seeds and cashew nuts in chilli infused avocado oil until toasted.
- stir in cornflour.
- add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and organic tomato sauce.
- mix well.
- stir into the rest of the curry.
- stir in fruit juices.
- dish curry onto bed of rice.
- serve with tall glasses of mixed papaya and orange juice.