Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was created during my days on Phish tour..... I sold it on the lots to pay for my concert tickets and living expenses. Although the recipe is vegetarian, I've had many people tell me they don't even miss the meat. Great for a family dinner, potluck, or side dish. You can prepare and serve immediatly, or prepare, then transfer to cockpot for a slow simmer!
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 dash olive oil or 1 dash vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans (White Beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix (I prefer Mild McCormick Chili Seasoning)
- sour cream (to top chili (optional)
- cheddar cheese (to top chili) (optional)
- flour tortillas (to wrap chili) (optional) or tortilla chips (to dip with chili) (optional)
- Dice peppers and onion. Saute peppers onion and garlic in small amount of olive oil until cooked (leave slightly crisp). Set aside.
- Open beans and corn. Empty into strainer and rinse.
- In large pot or crock pot, combine ALL ingrediants (except for optional topper and serving ingrediants). Simmer on low until heated and serve!
- Serve in bowl, or wrap in tortilla.
- **Recipe is vegan if not served with cheese or sour cream. Healthy, delicious, and full of protien!
I sold something quite like this on Dead/SCI tour! takes me back. I didn't use packets or corn, but I served with corn tortillas. So I tried this, leaving in the corn, and my goodness it adds a certain taste to it, maybe sweetness. Thanks for a trip on memory lane.