Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I really enjoy this way of cooking trout or any other fish. It's simple and delicious also very moist. You can cook it in the oven during winter months and on the bbq in the summer season! Hope you enjoy...
- 2 rainbow trout fillets (preferrably skin removed)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon tarragon or 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- Cut two large pieces of aluminium foil.
- Remove skin with knife.
- Slice the onions, place half of the sliced onions on first piece of aluminium, place the trouts over the onions.
- Top trouts with remaining onions, tarragon, butter (cut in small pieces).
- Pour heavy cream and wine over the trouts.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place second aluminium foil over the prepared trouts and close tightly all around.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 or over the BBQ.
- Unwrap and serve with basmati or jasmin rice.