1 hr 25 mins
chef ashish damle's Note:
this is one of my low carb offerings full of colours and flavours from fresh mint to sweet carrots, pot stickers are stuffed with a indian style stuffing . The steamed fish is a adaptation of a Parasi dish called Patharani-Macchi it is steamed in a jacket of banana leaf on the side is served green peas potstickers, carrot pachadi(salad) and wilted rainbow chard. Really a good blend of spices and not over powering at all good to impress your in-laws
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 trout fillets
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 100 g fresh desiccated coconut
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (washed and drained)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (washed and drained)
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 whole banana leaf, cut into 6 inch squares (available in Indian grocery stores)
FOR POT STICKERS wrapping dough
- 200 g frozen green peas (thawed)
- 50 g fresh desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon mango powder, available in Indian stores (amachur)
- 1 green chili (optional)
FOR CARROT SALAD
- 150 g grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 -3 whole dried red chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida powder (hing) (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh curry leaf (Indian stores)
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
FOR SWISS CHARD
- 1Wash truot fllets and dab dry.
- 2In a food processor, grind ginger, garlic, coconut, mint, and lime juice; blend adding water as necessary to make a thick paste.
- 3Season with salt. Wash and wipe banana leaves and apply paste all over the leaf.
- 4Place the trout fillet at one end and fold tightly making sure all the spice is covering the fish.
- 5Steam fish over a bamboo steamer or in perforated pan over a pot of boiling liquid.
- 6Combine together flour, salt and water and mix well.
- 7Knead well with oil on the palms to make a smooth dough.
- 8In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- 9Add chilli, ginger, coconut and sauté for 3 minutes. Mix in the green peas and season with salt and mango powder (allow to cool).
- 10Roll out the dough into 1 1/2-inch disks and place 1 tbs of stuffing in the center.
- 11Fill the dough to form a half moon shape and then make it stand on one side by pressing it on the working surface.
- 12Cook in a hot frying pan first with oil to sear the bottom and then covered with a little amount of liquid to almost steam roast, about 5 minutes.
- 13Carrot salad:.
- 14In a heated pan with oil, add mustard seeds and allow to crackle; add rest of the ingredients and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- 15Add in the carrots and season with salt.
- 16Allow to cool before service.
- 17Swiss chard:.
- 18Wash and trim the thick stems on the back of the leaf heat oil and wilt down the leaves with some ginger juliennes.
- 19Season with salt. Place two pot stickers on the plate at 2 o'clock, swiss chard in the center topped with the wrapped fish. Serve carrot salad at 10 o'clock. This dish is visually appealing and full of flavour.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Trout With Green Peas Pot Stickers and Carrot Pachadi
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.5
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 724.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh cilantro leaves