Danny Beason's Note:
Presented By: The Hungry Bear Bistro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole rainbow trout (boneless)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup fish stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cornbread (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled, cored and diced)
Cider Sage Sauce
- 1Saute onion and celery in butter.
- 3In large bowl, combine cornbread cubes, bread crumbs, egg and onion mix.
- 4Salt& pepper to taste.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Add beaten egg and chicken stock.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Add enough milk to moisten stuffing.
- 9Blend in apple& sage.
- 10Place trout skin side down and open on a sheet pan.
- 11Divide stuffing among the four, placing stuffing on one side.
- 12Fold half of trout over stuffing (put fish back together).
- 14Melt butter in small saute pan.
- 15Add shallots.
- 16Cook 1 minute until softened.
- 17Add lemon juice, then white wine.
- 18Reduce to about 2 tablespoons.
- 19Add chicken stock.
- 20Reduce to half.
- 21Add apple cider.
- 22Reduce to half.
- 23Add heavy cream and sage.
- 24Reduce to half.
- 25Just prior to serving, drop butter cubes into pan and swirl pan until melted.
- 26Do not allow sauce to go above a simmer at this point.
- 27Lightly dredge trout in flour or Wondra.
- 28Pan sear each side in clarified butter or canola oil until golden brown.
- 30Place in oven for 8-12 minutes to finish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Trout & Savory Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.1
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 462.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: