Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a variation on Rice Krispie Treats. It is a nice change and a bit sweeter. Every time I make these, people say that these are better than the Rice Krispie version. My friends and I used to buy these at the dessert shop at the college I went to.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of fruity pebbles cereal (or store brand)
- Melt margarine or butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows.
- Stir until melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately add cereal.
- Mix lightly until well coated.
- Press firmly into lighty greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Cool completely;cut into squares.
- Microwave: Microwave margarine or butter in large microwavable bowl at HIGH (100% power) 45 seconds or until melted.
- Add marshmallows;toss to coat.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after 45 seconds.
- Proceed with step#5.
- (You can also add rainbow colored chocolate candies into the mixture.).
These were so good. Everyone loved them. Some even took some home with them :) I used 6 cups mini marshmallows since I couldn't find the right size package. I think the recipe will work if you use equal amounts of mellows and pebbles. I used Buttered! hands to press onto a cookie sheet then once cooled cut them out with star and circle cookie cutters. Super Cute! Thanks!