Recipe by Tryntje
A great way to intruduce children, slowly to vegetarian cooking. A little time consuming to prepare, but well worth the effort
- 1 cup black-eyed peas, pre-soaked
- 1 cup yellow lentils, pre-soaked
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 225 g potatoes
- 225 g carrots
- 4 -6 stalks celery
- 2 -3 firm cooking apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beans, bring to boil in plenty of fresh water.
- Add lentils and stock powder, simmer 1 hour until tender.
- Heat oil, add oregano, onions, garlic, and vegetables.
- Stir over low heat, simmer ten minutes.
- Add pulses and their stock.
- Stir thoroughly and simmer another ten minutes Peel, slice and core apples.
- Add to stew along with orange juice and simmer five minutes.