Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is being posted for ZWT II & my source is africa.upenn.edu/Cookbook/Dessert. The intro says "It is my belief that parfaits are best made to order. If you must prepare ahead of time, freeze before adding the whipped cream."
- 6 tablespoons strawberries (fresh or frozen, but thawed) or 6 tablespoons raspberries (fresh or frozen, but thawed)
- 1 scoop raspberry sherbet (sml)
- 1 scoop lime sherbet (sml)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream (sml)
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- multicolored candy sprinkles or chocolate sprinkles, to garnish
- In the bottom of a tall cold parfait glass, put 2 tbsp of strawberries (or raspberries). Add 1 sml scoop raspberry sherbet.
- Put another 2 tbsp of the strawberries (or raspberries) over the raspberry sherbet & add 1 sml scoop of lime sherbet.
- Put the remaining 2 tbsp of strawberries (or raspberries) over the lime sherbet & add 1 sml scoop of vanilla ice cream to fill the glass to the brim.
- Swirl whipped cream on top. (If you're ambitious, use a pastry bag to make a lrg star).
- Garnish whipped cream w/multicolored or chocolate sprinkles. Serve immediately.
This is so delicious. All the flavours went well together, and I felt like a little girl again when sprinkling the chocolate srpinkles over the parfait.