Recipe by abigail363
This is from Richard (Dick) Immershein. Cook the rice ahea of time. It needs enough time in the fridge to get cold. Cook the day before or at least a few hours in advance.
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup chicken or 1 cup pork, diced and cooked or 20 small shrimp, raw
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 stalks green onions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon broth or 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure cold rice for each serving (cook only four or five servings at a time, to cook more repeat, keeping each batch warm in an oven and stir together all of the batches at the end and serve). Break any lumps apart in the cold rice rather than doing it while cooking.
- Measure all other ingredients separately as they will be added individually.
- Cooking Instructions:.
- Heat wok or deep skillet hot and dry.
- Add sufficient oil depending upon number of servings.
- After oil is heated add the shrimp (if using shrimp) and cook for 60 seconds (more time if cooking larger quantity).
- Push shrimp (if used) aside and add lightly beaten egg and stir gently for 30 seconds.
- Push Shrimp (if used) and egg up on wok side and add precooked rice in the center. After about 20 seconds or enough time for the rice to start to warm, then stir to remove any remaining lumps for about 60 seconds.
- Add peas and carrots stir while cooking for 15 seconds.
- Add Salt and continue stirring for 5 seconds.
- Add cut up chicken or Ham and continue stirring for about 10 seconds.
- Add Green Onion and stir for another 15 seconds ( By now egg and shrimp on the sides will have been stirred into the mixture).
- If the rice is still dry add broth or water and continue lightly stirring for another 15 seconds.
- Add Light Soy Sauce and stir for another 15 seconds.
- Add pinch of White Pepper and stir for another 15 seconds.
- Remove to warming or serving platter.