Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a 1 quart saucepan, add rice and stir until all the grains are coated.
- Add the chicken broth to the rice, cover and place pan over a stove burner with a very low flame. (total heating time will be 15 minutes, followed by at least 5 minutes standing time).
- After the rice has cooked for 15 minutes, turn off the flame under the rice, but do NOT remove the cover.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a frying pan; heat the onion and bell peppers until soft. Add the lemon juice and the drained can of tuna.
- Heat mixture for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the tuna is warmed.
- Remove the cover on the rice and stir in the heated onion, bell pepper and tuna mixture and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.
This was incredibly delicious and somewhat easy on a college budget. Plus, I like to put as much color in my food as possible, so this was perfect.
This was bludy good tucker