Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a 1 quart saucepan, add rice and stir until all the grains are coated.
- Add the chicken broth to the rice, cover and place pan over a stove burner with a very low flame. (total heating time will be 15 minutes, followed by at least 5 minutes standing time).
- After the rice has cooked for 15 minutes, turn off the flame under the rice, but do NOT remove the cover.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a frying pan; heat the onion and bell peppers until soft. Add the lemon juice and the drained can of tuna.
- Heat mixture for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the tuna is warmed.
- Remove the cover on the rice and stir in the heated onion, bell pepper and tuna mixture and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.