1/7 Photos of Rainbow Ribbon Mold
3 hrs 10 mins
* Pamela *'s Note:
This is a show stopping dessert that will receive oohhs and aahhs at any gathering! This looks great made in a bundt pan or jello mold but also works in a 9x13 pan. Use your favourite flavours!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This is a real make ahead dessert! Plan on it taking about 3 hours to make, the day before you need it. It only takes a few minutes every 20 minutes or so, but you can't let a layer set for hours before adding the next one, or you risk the layers sliding apart after unmolding. And, you want the finished mold to set up at least over night.
- 2Lightly spray a bundt pan or 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
- 3Wisk 1 package of jello into 1-1/4 cups boiling water in a small bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- 4Pour 3/4 cup of the dissolved gelatin into 8-cup ring mold sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set but not firm. (It should stick to finger when touched). By placing it onto a level surface in your freezer you can speed up the process.
- 5Refrigerate remaining jello in bowl about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Gradually stir in 3 tablespoons of the coconut milk and stir until well blended.
- 6Spoon over jello in pan.
- 7Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until gelatin is set but not firm (Again, jello should stick to finger when touched and By placing it onto a level surface in your freezer you can speed up the process.)
- 8REPEAT process with each remaining jello flavor.
- 9***It is very important to cool dissolved gelatin to room temperature before pouring into mold or the layers will not be well defined-but it will still taste good :)***.
- 10Repeat steps again for a total of 10 alternating clear and creamy gelatin layers.
- 11Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm. Unmold. For best results, unmold just before serving. Fill a larger container or clean sink with warm water, not too hot (otherwise it will melt). Rub a few drops of water onto the serving plate, this will facilitate adjusting the mold after unmolding, if necessary. Either use a plate with a large lip and just a little bit bigger than the diameter of the mold, or use a larger platter, at least 2-3 inches larger than the mold, because it will spread when unmolded and cut. Dip the mold almost to the edge into the warm water for just a few seconds. Wipe off with a towel and check the edges to see if they are loose, if not, repeat the dip for just a few seconds. Invert serving plate on top and flip quickly. Cut into 16 slices to serve. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
- 12This can be adapted easily for team colours, wedding shower colours, or even a patriotic mold. To create the colour white, simply use knox gelatin with the coconut milk.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Ribbon Mold
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g