Recipe by ~Mellie~
We love quinoa, and this is a simple yet filling dish that can be made for lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped broccoli floret
- handful of chopped radish
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 beet
- 3⁄4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone ground dijon mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and agitate quinoa in cool water.
- Place in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Turn off heat and let sit, covered, until ready to add to salad.
- For the salad, combine carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes, broccoli, radishes, garlic and cucumber together in a bowl.
- Line serving dishes with spinach, and heap hot quinoa on top so that spinach wilts slightly under the heat.
- Surround the quinoa with the vegetable mixture.
- Peel beet, shred, and sprinkle on top of quinoa.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- In a jar, combine oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and shake well to combine. Pour over quinoa salad, top with fresh ground black pepper and enjoy!