Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A colourful pasta salad. Serves 4- easily multiplied for a larger number. If you would like a bit more zing to this dish- finely chop a red chilli and add with the salad dressing. Adapted from a recipe found in "Healthy Food""magazine. For a gluten-free version use gluten-free pasta and mustard- as gf pasta tends to break up somewhat when cooked is best to be sure pasta is just cooked rather than cooked longer.
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 473.18 ml tri-color spiral pasta, measure from dried uncooked pasta
- 1 red capsicum, diced (red bell pepper)
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 118.29 ml corn kernel (can use fresh, frozen or canned)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml mustard
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (can add more to taste)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water, adding peas, capsicum and corn in last two minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Place pasta into a serving bowl.
- To make the dressing- whisk together all the dressing ingredients or shake well in a glass jar.
- Pour a small amount of the dressing over the salad to coat the pasta. Refrigerate.
- When ready to serve pour the remaining dressing over the pasta and mix through .
Aussie Swap#73: Loved this pasta salad - the mustardy dressing really ties it all together!