Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A colorful treat to brighten up your dinner table or provide a healthy snack.
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Fruit Loops cereal (you can leave the Trix as is) or 1 1⁄2 cups trix cereal, broken into small pieces but not crushed (you can leave the Trix as is)
- 1⁄2 cup Fruit Loops cereal or 1⁄2 cup trix cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F Prepare 12 standard muffin cups; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add margarine, egg, water, and 1.5 cups cereal. Mix until moistened.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of batter.
- Sprinkle crushed cereal on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I made these for a Xmas playgroup party in the shape of stars. While these looked really pretty I thought that they lacked a bit of flavour and were a bit dry. I love the idea of this though so next time may try adding something like apple sauce or juice instead of the water. Thanks!
These are super easy to make but not as flavorful as I thought they'd be. I used the Disney's Little Einstein cereal (fruity stars) and they came out really pretty. I used half water, half milk, and then half white flour and half whole wheat flour. My daughter loves them as mini muffins for a quick snack. I've already made them twice for her!
These are super easy to make and look lovely and colourful. I agree with another reviewer, the fruit loops in the batter soften and mingle into the batter really nicely yet the fruit loops on the top really crisp up. Very popular with my two daughters. I made very small baby mini muffins and got 36 which were perfect for my little girls. I ended up cooking for just over 10 minutes.