Recipe by Kasha
This is an oldy from my mother. Time consuming to make, but beautiful and serves a crowd. Perfect for a party or shower or special occasion. Takes a good day of chilling and waiting to make, plus chilling overnight before serving.
- 4 pints vanilla ice cream
- 4 (3 ounce) packages Jello gelatin, in different colors and flavors to make the rainbow
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 quart sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- Dissolve 1 box of Jello in one cup of boiling water.
- Stir in 1 pint of ice cream.
- Pour into spring mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Spread 1/3 of the sour cream over the firm Jello layer.
- Repeat until you have used all of the flavors and 1/3 of the sour cream between each.
- Chill overnight.
- Unmold and slice to serve.
- A lot of work and patience, but a showstopper, and really very simple.