Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe will easily double for a big group or potluck. If you can, use lacinato kale, it's not as tough as curly kale and lends itself well to raw salads like this one.The dressing is lovely with orange juice, mustard, and balsamic vinegar!
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced (if you can, use lacinato a.k.a. dinosaur)
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1 small head, quartered and cored)
- 2 navel oranges or 2 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1 small orange)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine kale, cabbage, orange segments, onion, bell pepper and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, orange juice, vinegar and pepper. Pour over the kale mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.