Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Colorful cake and yummy!
Make and share this Rainbow Ice Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 10 inches angel food cake
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 3 ounces orange gelatin
- 3 ounces lime gelatin
- 8 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 11 ounces mandarin orange sections, drained
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, sliced and partially thawed
- Divide ice cream into thirds. Place into individual bowls to soften to a spreadable consistency while you continue with next steps.
- Tear cake into small pieces. Divide into thirds and place each third into a medium size bowl. Sprinkle one flavor of dry gelatin over each cake portion. Toss lightly with fork until cake is well-coated.
- Place strawberries cake pieces in bottom of a 10 inch tube pan. Sprinkle any excess gelatin over cake. Spoon strawberries over cake. Spread one third of the ice cream over the strawberries.
- Repeat layers with lime cake pieces, crushed pineapple, ice cream, orange cake pieces, oranges and ice cream.
- Freeze until firm, preferably a day or so, so that the gelatin blends into the cake pieces.
- Unmold on a chilled plate and cut into wedges to serve.