Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Colourful goat's cheese balls are perfect atop any platter and can be made up to a day ahead.
- 300 g rindless soft goat's cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- crushed pink peppercorns
- white sesame seeds, toasted
- black sesame seed, toasted
- snipped fresh chives
- cayenne pepper
- Place the rindless soft goat's cheese in a bowl and roughly mash with the extra-virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- Take small spoonfuls and roll into bite-sized balls. Chill, covered on a baking sheet until ready to use.
- Roll in coverings of your choice; crushed pink peppercorns, white and black toasted sesame seeds, snipped fresh chives or cayenne pepper all work well. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve, with cocktail sticks.
- Make them ahead; the rolled and coated balls will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to a day.
This recipe is everything you could want for entertaining: Its easy and quick to make, looks spectacular and tastes just as good.
I used finely ground pink peppercorns mixed with paprika and black and white sesame seeds.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a real keeper with us, PinkCherryBlossom!
Made and reviewed for THINK PINK October 2011.
What a great idea, so simple, tasty, and easy for a tapas party.