Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Asparagus can be kept in the fridge for almost a week, if you'll wrap the bases in wet paper towels or I'll fit them in a container so they'll stand upright. Just be sure to leave about 1/2 to 1 inch of water.
- 1 lb asparagus, bias sliced into 1-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, cut into julienne strips (1/2 cup)
- 1 small summer squash (1 cup) or 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick (1 cup)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan. Add water to just below the bottom of the steamer basket.
- Bring to boiling. Add asparagus and carrots, cover reduce heat. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Add yellow summer squash or zucchini. Steam 4 to 5 minutes more, or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine the lemon juice, melted butter or margarine, dill, and salt.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss lightly.