Good as a side dish or dessert, this salad made from fresh fruit is narurally low in fat, saturated fat, and sodium and is cholesterol free. The recipe comes from heart health.
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 bananas, sliced sliced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 nectarines, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
Honey orange sauce
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Prepare the fruit.
- Combine all the ingredients for sauce and mix.
- Just before serving, pour honey orange sauce over the fruit, serve.