Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hershey's Kissables color these cookies to look like a rainbow of color!!
Make and share this Rainbow Dotted Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and shortening in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in candies.
- Drop by rounded teapoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheets to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
Hershey's sadly doesn't make the Kissables anymore. We loved them because my son couldn't eat M&M's due to allergies. But Hershey makes something call Hershey-Etes. They are usually sold at Christmas, red and green, and Easter, white and maybe orange. I don't remember if they have them at Halloween. They sell them on the Hershey web site but they are expensive. I hit the stores after the holidays and buy as many as I can.
How can you go wrong with Hershey kissables inside a cookie? Made these as part of my Christmas cookie tray, and they were a huge hit, especially with my husband's family. Thank you!
I had some leftover fall-colored orange and yellow kissables and this recipe was great for using them all up! I had a little under 1 1/3 cups of the chips left and thought it was a perfect chocolate- to-dough ratio. If I would've had 1 1/3 cups, I would have used them all. I cooked each batch for 9-10 minutes and they were just right. My kids and I both loved them! They had a wonderful taste and I will be making this recipe again. Thanks, Nikki Kate!