Recipe by Nikki Kate
Hershey's Kissables color these cookies to look like a rainbow of color!!
Top Review by cookee monster
Hershey's sadly doesn't make the Kissables anymore. We loved them because my son couldn't eat M&M's due to allergies. But Hershey makes something call Hershey-Etes. They are usually sold at Christmas, red and green, and Easter, white and maybe orange. I don't remember if they have them at Halloween. They sell them on the Hershey web site but they are expensive. I hit the stores after the holidays and buy as many as I can.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups Hershey kissables
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and shortening in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in candies.
- Drop by rounded teapoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheets to wire racks.
- Cool completely.