Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is very flavorsome and nourishing.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, thickly sliced and parboiled
- 1 small swiss chard, medium sliced
- 2 medium carrots, medium sliced
- half an onion, thinly sliced
- 4 sliced peppadew peppers
- half a cup tinned bamboo shoot
- 236.59 ml canned chick-peas
- oil (for frying)
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml peanut butter
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml mango achar
- 14.79 ml veggie instant bouillon granules
- 29.58 ml pumpkin, pips
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 14.79 ml favorite curry powder
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml yellow mustard seeds
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- toast spices and seeds in hot oil.
- add onions stirfry until par cooked.
- add remaining veggies.
- stir in veggie stock powder, mango achar, soy sauce and peanut butter.
- add water and simmer until sweet potato is soft,
- adding more water if required.
- stir occasionally to prevent sticking to pot.
- add salt to taste.
- serve on a bed of basmati with fruit chutney as a condiment.
This was a very good vegetable curry. Being a carnivore, I did not miss having any meat. I just used mustard greens (or kale?) instead of the Swiss chard since that is what I had on hand.
This dish was surprisingly tasty, with just the right amount of the spices. Very flavorful and healthy too! I used more onion, subbed broth for water, and used Mexican pumpkin seeds. It didn't even need rice for us, with the large amount of sweet potato in it.