1/2 Photos of Rainbow Cupcakes (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 24 cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup miniature M&M's chocolate candies
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking powder, M&Ms and then sugar - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5RAINBOW CUPCAKES GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3 large egg whites, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup butter, softened, and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 7RAINBOW CUPCAKES INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, milk, butter and extract; blend with electric mixer set on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 10Add the contents of the jar and blend on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 11Spoon the batter into papered muffin tins, filling each liner two-thirds full.
- 12Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Cupcakes (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
miniature M&M's chocolate candies