Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 24 cupcakes.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking powder, M&Ms and then sugar - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- RAINBOW CUPCAKES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3 large egg whites, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup butter, softened, and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- RAINBOW CUPCAKES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, milk, butter and extract; blend with electric mixer set on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the contents of the jar and blend on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into papered muffin tins, filling each liner two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.